Monday, September 22, 2014

Fingerprints

Fingerprints..... I find them on my refrigerator door, car windows, mirrors, light switches and doors.  I am keenly aware that there are three boys living in the house.... very actively living in this house, I might add.  I love my boys.  I love the way they keep me laughing, but finding yogurt covered fingerprints on my freshly cleaned refrigerator door does NOT result in a chuckle from me. Last night, I was almost asleep in bed, when Reagan called me into the bathroom finding some strange looking fingerprints on our bathroom cabinet.  He called it blood.  I decided to call it "dirt" since all three boys are alive and kicking and no one had brought to my attention any massive blood loss in the past few days.  :)  Sometimes,  in parenthood, ignorance may be a blessing in disguise.


I have decided that our Father leaves fingerprints behind too.... because I see Him in the midst of my day. I see Him when the perfect scripture for my current season pops up on social media, or when the perfect song addressing my feelings comes on the radio.  He is in the last minute delays, the forgotten meetings, and malfunctioning alarms that protect us from harm.  He is in the quiet calm of a beautiful sunrise and the rewarding rest of sunset.  I see His hand in the vibrant fall colors as well as the fresh green renewal of spring.  He is even in long summer nights and pure white of glistening snow in winter.  He is anywhere and everywhere and His heart is always reaching out to touch you... to draw you close and remind His children that they are loved, redeemed, chosen, and never forgotten.  Fingerprints of the master creator imprinted into the lives of His most precious creation- His children.  The creator still shapes and molds the lives of His creation.


To be honest, I see His fingerprints best when my life seems the messiest.  When my life seems to being going perfectly without the blemish of struggles or muddy confusion in the midst of trial, I see His prints less.... maybe I am not looking or maybe my eyes don't see them as clearly....but, they are there just the same.  However, when I am mired in the midst of a messy situation, I look ever so desperately for His hand... and He is always there. 


Maybe today, as I clean yogurt covered fingerprints off the refrigerator, they will serve a reminder for me to search for His fingerprints in my life. How about you?  How have you "seen" His print left on a situation in your life recently? 


Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment