Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Carson's Hair

I always thought that if God blessed me with a little girl, that one of the things I would enjoy most would be fixing her hair. However, God has blessed me with three boys and when Caleb was younger I often tried to style his hair. Caleb was not one who cared for this, and in fact, he would always comb his hair forward after I would "fix" it for him.

So, it was fun, recently, when Carson decided that he wanted his hair "spiky".... Now, he doesn't leave the house unless his hair is styled to his liking. In fact, on Sunday morning I had to go in search of my hairspray in order to finish getting ready for church! He also refused to put his head back against the seat in the car for fear of it messing up his hair!!!

Daily we are having conversations about hair gel, hairspray, and comb versus hair pick to get his hair looking just right. I love every minute of it!!!

Who knows what Kendall's preference will be- bald is his hairstyle for now. It is just fun to see how God works to fulfill even the smallest of needs and wishes that we may have. Don't get me wrong- I know that it isn't curls, pigtails, and hair bows but it is God's perfect fit for my life at this time and place. So, I will keep "spiking" Carson's hair and thank God for each and every little blessing.

But, I think I will buy him his own bottle of hairspray! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment