Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sidewalk Chalk


A day last week, Caleb and Carson went outside and decorated our back patio with some new sidewalk chalk that they had been given when Kendall was born. Several designs were so creative that they could not be defined or described. However, Carson did create a self-portrait which I decided to take a photo of. Reagan was not as thrilled with their colorful creations as I was; although, I can't imagine why?!? I think he was wondering who would be cleaning up this incredible artwork.... I reassured him that rain would come soon and do the job for him!

Well, last night it happened... the rains came and washed away all their beautiful art pieces- job done!
However, it hit me this morning how symbolic that is to the fleeting time I have with my boys. Right now we are building memories with each of them, but time is so quick to rob those memories from us. So easily the "rains come" and wash them from our minds. That is partly why I am writing this blog as a way of setting these memories in "stone" and creating a family heritage to look back on long after the chalk dust settles.

No comments:

Post a Comment