Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Music to My Ears

Caleb and Carson have spent the past ten days visiting grandparents and attending VBS at each of their churches. We drove to Kerrville last Friday to attend a family wedding as well as pick up the boys and take them to Dublin to start the second VBS. As we made the drive to Dublin, Carson wanted to listen to the VBS music cd and he sang every song- word for word! He loves music and it is one of his passions- in fact, not a day goes by that he doesn't sing or "play" his own music. He cracks us up with some of his original songs! They are often about doing his chores, playing with his brothers, and just his life in general, but they all come from a natural, genuine talent. Hearing him sing and share his heart is music to my ears....

However, I have realized that music takes many forms. When Caleb shares his creative, original stories or tells one of his corny jokes; it, too, is music to my ears. When Kendall coos, "talks" or laughs I hear a symphony in my heart. I cherish each of their "songs" equally....I guess music can come in many different forms.....

2 comments:

  1. Love the "symphony in my heart"

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep talking julie, your stories are balm for the soul..................love you,darla

    ReplyDelete