Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Kind of "Hunting"

You can call me a bargain hunter, deal finder or frugal,
but the truth is...... I am cheap! That's right, cheap.
I love the search for a good deal and I feel so victorious when I find exactly what I wanted, but at a great price. Part of my habit stems from necessity. As a stay at home mother, we often need to watch our budget and be wise with our purchases. So, I often research whatever I am looking to purchase extensively online trying to find the best deal possible. Now, however, it has become an addiction- I mean why would anyone WANT to pay more than necessary????
Honestly, I think it is like Reagan's love of hunting. I "hunt" the good deals and when I find them, I want to share it with the world- I haven't displayed my receipts on the living room wall next to Reagan's deer mount, but my hunting is just as valuable!
Recently, I needed to make a quick run to our local Walmart to pick up a few items. When I walked out of the store I had spent $18.94, BUT I had purchased: a pair of jeans for Carson, a pair of jeans for Caleb, a shirt, 24 pack of Dr. Peppers, aspirin, and hair coloring (Did you notice my new darker shade, hmm?). All for only $18.94!!!!
Victory was mine!!!
Okay, so I am addicted! At least my "hunting" is saving us money.....
yep, I am cheap, but there are worse things!

No comments:

Post a Comment