Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Procrastinating.....

Recently, one of my Facebook friends posted as her status, "Why can't I get all this stuff done? Oh, that's right, I procrastinate!" That made me laugh out loud!! Sometimes I can identify with that statement. I think I tend to wait and then I work like a mad woman getting everything done. Actually, I have improved as I have had more children because I need to plan ahead out of necessity now. For example, when we have company coming to stay with us, I used to wait until the day they would arrive; and then I would work like crazy cleaning all day to make sure that the house was spotless and ready for company. Now, when company is coming, I start cleaning and preparing all the week before because cleaning the entire house in one day is not an option with three kids to care for.

Over the past ten days, both of our oldest boys have been visiting grandparents in order to attend their churches' VBS programs. So, you would think that I would have accomplished a great deal while they were gone- reorganizing closets, cleaning out clothes, scrubbing floors, cleaning the inch of dust off my ceiling fans, or finally getting to those baseboards....... yeah, right! All I have done is spend time with Kendall- just savoring every smile, laugh and coo as well as resting; that's right resting! I think parenting can be one of the most exhausting things anyone can do and I have really been able to recharge my "parenting batteries". So, I may be procrastinating by not doing all these other jobs, but I have created wonderful memories with Kendall that cannot be replaced. Maybe it isn't procrastination after all; maybe it is just proper priorities!!

No comments:

Post a Comment