Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Thank you Cleta Mae.

Yesterday I shared about the life that I hoped to live.... one that would leave ripples of influence long after I would have passed away. Last night, a great example of this kind of life lived, left this world and joined her Savior in heaven. Cleta Mae Walker was "Momma" to everyone in the church. Every time you saw Cleta she greeted you with a smile, warm hug and kiss on the cheek. She truly loved us all and would do anything she could to help if you were in need.

Now, Cleta wasn't perfect. If you ever played a game of KENO with her or tried to steal her gift at the Ladies Christmas party, you know that! She would threaten to cut off her oxygen and tease you like crazy. I think that is why we loved her so much..... she was just herself- faults and all- no pretense. It was easy to just be ourselves around her, too.

"Momma" loved us so deeply, but she loved her Lord even more. I will miss seeing her singing with hands lifted high in praise of Christ who saved her. She couldn't help but talk about God and His great love for her as well as invite everyone she saw to FBC Joshua. She loved her church.... not the building... but its people. She is the reason that Reagan and I found FBC Joshua/North Pointe. When we moved here in 1999, we began the difficult process of finding a new church home. Cleta had invited my sister-in-law, Connie, to visit FBC Joshua and we attended the following Sunday. Within a few weeks, Reagan and I knew that we had found our new church home.

Cleta's life, service, and dedication has become part of fiber of our church.... she can't be replaced and we will always feel a little void left in her absence. However, we WILL see her again and I look forward that smile, hug and kiss on the cheek when I enter heaven's gates. I love you, Cleta.

O Victory in Jesus
My Savior forever
He sought me and He bought me
with His redeeming blood.
He loved me, ere, I knew Him
and all my love is due Him.
He plunged me to victory
beneath the cleansing flood.

2 comments:

  1. Awe..I can't cry at work :( That was great, thanks for sharing. She was truely an amazing woman!! I love the Keno part :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I'm bawling like a baby! My FAVORITE time was the Ladies Christmas Party with Cleta...we ALWAYS had to sit together and we were a lethal combination! I mean, who could steal a gift from a lady on oxygen? That's why we used it, haha! Man I'm going to miss that lady...or as I was supposed to call her, Mimi. Sad that we lost one of the funniest, sassiest women ever, BUT Praise the Lord I'll see her in heaven one day.

    ReplyDelete