Monday, April 23, 2012

My Chains are Gone


Yesterday, we had the privilege of worshiping with my parents at their home church.  While we love our home church and family, we are always encouraged by visiting other churches with all the privileges of being a guest.  Sometimes, just being free to worship without the mind clutter of duties and responsibilities  allows me to focus more on praising my Lord.  We sang this Chris Tomlin song yesterday and it really blessed me so much.

Here is the chorus:
"My Chains are gone, I've been set free.
My God, My Savior has ransomed me.
And like a flood, His mercy rains,
Unending love, amazing grace."

As I truly reflected on these words, it rang so true in my heart.  I am free.  I am free.  The chains of my past sins, regrets, and hurts are broken.  There is a freedom in Christ that cannot be obtained in this world- there is nothing comparable to the absolute freedom in Christ!

We are free and it cost us nothing, but it cost God much.  We were ransomed and our value was so high that it cost God his own Son.  My mother's heart can't even tally that deep a sacrifice.  In that instant that Jesus declared, "It is finished," mercy like rain poured over all of mankind cleansing us from marrow to skin and all within.  We are pure because he ransomed us . 

We are loved.  We are free..... but only if we choose to be.

There are chains, sadly, that I choose to keep.  Insecurities, questions, guilt, and longings that seem to never go away are but a few of the chains we keep by choice.  Sometimes, we just need to be reminded that we are free.  We are free.  Let God remove your voluntary chains, if He paid the ransom for you, He has a much greater plan for you.

"My chains are gone, I've been set free."

No comments:

Post a Comment