Wednesday, September 11, 2013

So Much To Do...

Over the passed few weeks, I have become focused on doing several "projects" to get our house in shape.  Many families do this in the spring, but I guess I was delayed in getting the cleaning bug.  So, I find myself "fall-cleaning" and organizing things.  This morning I awoke feeling the weight of projects still needing to be done as I made coffee and breakfast for my family.  It seemed that everywhere I looked, I saw another task or need that was calling out for my attention.  How on earth would I ever get it all done?

As the anxiety within grew, I went to my room to share my heart and burdens with my Savior.  I began to pray and felt such an urge to thank my Father for every task and duty that was burdening my heart.  So, I began.....

Thank you Father for the carpets that need to be vacuumed and cleaned because they are a part of this precious home You have given us.....

Thank you Father for the bathroom that needs to be cleaned and organized because there are many families that have no bathroom in their home.  Yet, we are blessed to have two....

Thank you for the floors that need to be swept and mopped because I know there are families whose homes have dirt floors..... and children who sit in mud and dirt daily.....

Tears began to fall.....

Until my face was fully engulfed in the waves of  this reminder.....

Often, we become so burdened by the day to day tasks that must be done, and those concerns begin to weigh heavy on us.  Yet, in light of all that have been given and the eternity that awaits, the burden of such things becomes an unnecessary one.  We are so blessed by all that we have been given but too often, we allow those things to distract from what really matters.

"Worry is a cycle of inefficient thoughts whirling around a center of fear." Corrie ten Boom

Father, I give you all my worry and I thank you for each of the tasks that pull for my attention today.  Help my heart and mind to keep a heavenly perspective in it all knowing that I want to be thankful for my blessings and yet only worship the One from whom all blessings flow.  Thank you for the reminder of what is truly important today..... let your praises flow freely from my lips all the days of my life.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment