Thursday, November 21, 2013

Trust the Cook

This morning the boys helped me make pancakes.  Carson took on the duties of mixing the batter while Caleb took charge of pouring the batter, cooking them, and flipping them.  I love that they are willing (Okay, I don't really make it an option, but they comply fairly quickly) to help in the kitchen.  I want my boys able to cook, clean and feed themselves when they move out of the house.  So, anyway, as we were working together in the kitchen, we began to play some praise music.  The time of praising Him while working together was so tender and sweet... it is those moments I will miss dearly when they grow too fast and leave my kitchen for their own. 

As Carson mixed the batter, I realized that the proportions of the mix and water were very specific- and needed to be if the pancakes were to turn out correctly.  It appeared that Carson may have added a little too much water and some additional mix had to be added.  As I helped him stir and make ready the batter, the Lord reminded me that He is the one who knows the perfect "mix" for my life.  The trials, challenges, victories, strengths, and weaknesses I have within my life and world are a perfectly designed mixture used to draw me closer to my Father.  It is no accident when I am draw to my knees by the difficulties in this life- it is meant to make my reflection more like His own.  He has the perfect recipe for each of our lives to grow and mature our faith.   Never question what he chooses to add or detract from our world - instead praise and keep your eyes on the cook.

As Caleb waited on one of the first pancakes, he could not wait to flip that pancake!  As a result, the pancake crumbled.....it was not ready to be flipped.  I had to teach Him to watch the bubbles in the batter and explained that when most of the bubbles had formed and popped in the center, it was ready to flip.  He just had to watch for the signs that it was ready.  The Father whispered to my heart that I, too, have to wait for Him and His perfect timing.  How many times have I rushed things- in a panic- and made a mess of my life because I wanted to rush His timing?  Just like with the pancake, I have to watch for His timing and trust that the outcome will be so much better when I trust Him.  I just get so impatient with waiting.... but, when I rest in my trust and faith of Him, the outcome is always better.

My friend, trust the pancake cook, and the pancakes will turn out well.  Trust the Father and allow Him to create in you a well lived life!  Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment