Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A King's Birth

"It's a boy!"  All over the world, the words have been cried out in joy as a  babe... a future king came into this world yesterday.  London has in a sense been painted "blue" with all the excitement of this new royal heir.  Thousands have gathered outside the hospital and outside Buckingham palace to take pictures and share in the experience.  Joy... just shear joy.

But.... I can't help but ponder the birth of the King of Kings, the Son of the Most High God, and my personal Savior and Lord.... Jesus Christ.  That royal birth came and the world effectively slept through it.  Only some shepherds were in attendance who had been watching their flocks when the sky opened up in angelic praise over His birth.  Can you imagine the sight?  He was and is the King of Heaven and Earth- yet, He was placed in a feeding trough because His parents did not have a bed for Him. His birth did not occur in a palace of hospital, but in a stable filled with animals and hay.  No photographers.... no crowds.... humble beginnings.  His royalty veiled in frail human flesh, but His perfect Godly nature did not allow Him to sin.  He was perfectly human and divine all at once.  Our world had and will never again see a sight like Him.  He was and is God in flesh.  Perfection in our fallen world.  And, He is still King!

No matter what royal kings our world honors, He will always be the King of Kings!  He was, is and always will be!  He is my King, my Lord.  I serve Him through my life, my words and my dreams.  It is a constant battle to daily live out my allegiance to Him, but I long to bring Him joy, honor and praise.  It is my burden, to declare to the world, His presence and love for me.  To share Him with others and give Him praise and glory when I experience the work of His hands.  He is a faithful, loving and kind Savior who longs to rule in the hearts of all mankind.  Father, give me eyes to see Him, ears to hear His words to my soul, and lips to faithfully declare Him to this world.  His blood shed on the cross brought forth royalty within my veins.  I am a child of God because He gave all.

Today, I share in the excitement as the world waits to hear this new babe's name and catches its first glimpse of him.... but, I rejoice more in my Savior whose name is now and forevermore known as Jesus Christ.  I look for glimpses of Him in the quiet moments of my day and declare His works to this world.  He is my King and He is can be yours.....

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment