Thursday, July 11, 2013

Fog

The fog has been so thick inside my world over the past several days.  A thick blanket of tasks, needs, duties and responsibilities had moved in and all that I could manage was to take one step at a time.  By twilight, each evening, I was left exhausted and drained.  I guess searching for some "light" in the midst of the fog had left me empty... physically, emotionally, and spiritually empty.

In the dawn of this new day, the Father awakened me to a new realization.  The "light" I had been searching for in my fog of hum-drum day to day tasks was not from the sun, but from the SON.  Only in His Son-shine would all the searching and longing end.  In His light, all tasks can be divine and rather than leaving me empty, leave me energized and renewed.  You see, I found myself so blinded by the tasks and needs blanketing my view each day, that I did not spend the time I needed each day with my Savior and Lord.  I might read a quick devotional and rush off to start clearing my "To Do" lists but I sacrificed a real, meaningful time with my life-source.  So, I ended each day feeling empty.... and as though it was all futile.

You see, in life, we are all looking for a purpose within the folds of a day- something that gives value to the ordinary and leaves us feeling needed.  Nothing on this planet can do that for us. Nothing.  Such a purpose has a divine origin and can only be fulfilled within holy lands.  We are His and He perfectly designed us to long for a purpose that only He can fulfill.  Our purpose, value, and full potential are found in the sacrificial lamb of Jesus Christ.  Through His redemption, all of life- even the most mundane tasks- can become beautiful moments of divine purpose.  He transforms them.

Today, I spent an extended time with Him.  In those moments, I began to experience newness and hopeful encouragement.  I am designed for the purpose of praising my Savior and His transforming influence in my life.  My current platform is through the teaching and development of our children as well as writing - in an open and honest fashion- about the life journey He has given me.  Moments of every day needs are no longer empty tasks, but opportunities for God to rain down His glory into our home.  Not every moment is going to being marked for eternity, but any given moment can be.  That blossoming potential gives each moment value as we become the extended hands and feet of the Father. 

Today, are you lost in a fog of mundane needs?  Do you need some Son-shine to burn off the fog and bring clarity in it all?  He can.  He is your purpose and value.  Never doubt that your purpose is submerged in His perfect holiness.  Seek Him and spend those critical moments in His holy presence each day!

"The Lord frustrates the purposes of the nations; he keeps them from carrying out their plans. But his plans endure forever; his purposes last eternally. Happy is the nation whose God is the Lord; happy are the people he has chosen for his own!" (Psalm 33:10-12 GNT)

Can you relate to my "fog" of the past few days?

How often do we overload on tasks that leave us empty instead of drawing on Christ for the wisdom, energy and strength we need each day?

Are you committed to a daily time with the Father?

Let us travel this journey together. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment