Thursday, May 31, 2012

Happy Birthday Caleb!

Twelve years ago today, Caleb Wilson Boles, entered into our lives.  His birth was somewhat challenging, and I have come to realize that reflects some of his character.  He questions because he wants understanding.  He challenges because he is passionate.  He fights because he is a survivor.  He has survived severe acid reflux which threatened his growth, and he has battled epilepsy for 8 years now and has done it with fierce courage.  Life for Caleb hasn't always been easy, but it has been full- full of love, full of adventure, and full of laughter.

I always wanted to be a mother, and Caleb's birth was the realization of that dream.  On the night of his birth, I held him close and whispered in his ear, " I love you.  We will figure this out together."   We have learned quite a lot together and God has taught me so much about His character through the eyes of parenthood.  My mother's heart has learned about genuine sacrifice and selfless love.  I have learned about limitations on what I can honestly do in a day and realizing what really matters at the end of the day.  My heart has grown in size to accommodate each and every triumph and trial. 

I love Caleb for his humor and love of all things science.  I love they way he always wants to figure things out and how he is developing his own style- including the sweat -stained Texas Tech cap that drives his dad nuts!  I love how creative he is in building legos and making up games using sticks and rocks.  He amazes me, at times, with his spiritual insights and questions.  I know God has an incredible plan for his life and I look forward to all that will entail.

Thank you, Caleb, for the joy you bring in our lives- I love you!  Happy 12th Birthday Son!!

No comments:

Post a Comment