Saturday, May 12, 2012

Right Place, Right Time

As some of you may have read on Facebook yesterday, I felt like yesterday afternoon God had placed me at the right time and place.  So, I guess this blog is the story behind the story!

For several days, I have wanted to get a haircut, but as we homeschool and I have my boys with me most of the time, I often have a hard time running errands like that.  On Thursday evening, it hit me that my parents were taking the boys this weekend and that I would have 2-3 hours of uncommitted time before Reagan was off work.....Perfect!  So, I started a mental debate about where to go.  I prefer to go to one person and build a relationship with them - yes, I know it is only hair, but I just haven't found someone that I really liked and seemed a good fit for me, my time, my style and budget.

As I drove to Granbury, where I was meeting my mother, I saw a hairstyle place on the way which I recognized as one I could "walk in" without an appointment.  I also thought it was one that could do more challenging cuts.  The big plus, was that it was right on my drive!

So after the "drop-off" of the kids I headed to the salon.  When I walked in there was no line and a friendly face greeted me.  Within minutes I was in her salon chair and as we began small talk, we immediately connected. As the conversation continued, I began to feel that "prick" in the Holy Spirit that God was doing something in this short time.  I don't feel comfortable sharing details, but before I knew it, I found myself saying, "I believe that God is so sovereign that He can use even our mistakes as part of His purpose and sovereign plan."  Even the hairstylist next to us began sharing about her spiritual journey.

When I walked out, I felt so encouraged and I believe they did as well- and I do NOT believe it was an accident!  Sometimes, I feel that my life is so simple that my spiritual reach is so short, but God has been helping me see that my ministry is where-ever I go.  If I am open to His plans for the day, He can and will use me.  I walked out feeling valued because I valued someone else enough to share my passion for the Father with her.

I had intended to "blog" about this last night, but I was so tired that I went to bed.  At 7:00 am, God woke me and pulled me to get up and have my quiet time and write.  Now, my kids and not here and Reagan and I have plans for the whole day; so, I really wanted to sleep!  However, when I read from one of my favorite devotion books (Jesus Calling) the first paragraph from today's reading said, "Learn to relate to others through My Love rather than yours.  Your human love is ever so limited, full of flaws and manipulation.  My loving Presence, which always enfolds you, is available to bless others as well as you."

I tell you I can't even make this stuff up!  God is so good and He loves us so much- never think that your life doesn't have value or purpose.  The evil one wants us to believe that so that we are limited and bound up in ourselves.  God wants to use us- to bring encouragement, salvation and change to this world.  He is with us and will always be with us on this journey of our lives.

"God said, 'My presence will go with you.  I'll see the journey to the end.'"  Exodus 33:14 MSG

Today, seek after Him.  Let Him guide you and you might find yourself at just the right place and the right time.... and it won't be an accident! 

No comments:

Post a Comment