Tuesday, October 30, 2012

In His Hands

Last Saturday, Reagan was playing with the boys after breakfast and just enjoying some time at home. I love the weekends when we, as a family, just enjoy togetherness and memory building. Laughter fills all the nook and crannies of the day and my heart brims over with satisfied joy.

Strangely, I heard a panicked cry coming from the lips of our youngest and I found him in the arms of his father lifted into the air. Reagan has loved picking up the boys and "flying" them much like a toy plane. The older boys, who are now much too big, love the game; Kendall, however, did not. He cried out in fear and panic. Reagan calmly soothed his cries, "It's okay Buddy. Daddy has you. See my hands are holding you. You are okay. I have you." After a few seconds- I am sure they felt as hours to Kendall- he calmed and relaxed some. I think he much prefers games that his feet stay on the ground.

I became overwhelmed by the thought that I react in the same way with my Father. I find myself in an uncomfortable situation and my fear swells to the point of breaking. The whole time the Father speaks love to my anxiety, "I am here child. I am holding you. See my hands are holding you." These are moments when God is stretching my faith- growing me to a deeper maturity- but, He never let's me go. I, like Kendall, would prefer lessons while on the ground of all that I find secure, but then I would miss the view from the heights. I don't want the safe, easy road... I just want to feel His hands constantly wrapping me in the security that is beyond all others.

"...For God has said,
“I will never fail you.
I will never abandon you.” (Hebrews 13:5b NLT)

Maybe you feel vulnerable...High in the air in a situation- trust Him. His hands have you and He will never let you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment