Thursday, November 1, 2012

Good Gifts

Tomorrow is Carson's birthday. I love that boy.... I love his smile and the glint in his eye. He has this love for life that is contagious. Carson brings joy to my world, and I want to make his birthday special- as I try to do with all my boys.

Reagan and I have talked and discussed his birthday for weeks. We spend what we can afford, but the emphasis is not on the amount spent- it is about making that child feel special. It's knowing what each child loves and values and use that knowledge to bless them.

If we, as humans, go to this much trouble for our children, how much effort does God give to blessing us? God knows everything about us because He knit us together in the womb. He even knows the number of hairs on our head! He loves us so much to know us that intimately. His gifts for us are tailor made perfectly just for us- just as His challenges and opportunities to grow our faith. Sometimes, the trials we undergo are actually gifts in disguise.

“You fathers—if your children ask for a fish, do you give them a snake instead? Or if they ask for an egg, do you give them a scorpion? Of course not! So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him.” (Luke 11:11-13 NLT)

I can't wait to see Carson's face tomorrow when he opens his gifts... His joy makes me giddy happy. I think my joy in the Father and His beautiful gifts to me, bless and honor Him. Look for the hidden blessings in your day and just know that they were made specifically for you by a very purposeful, loving God.

No comments:

Post a Comment