Thursday, December 20, 2012

In a Panic

Okay, I confess, I have been in a panic for the past several hours.  I am waiting on the last, major Christmas present to arrive for one of our sons.  The Saturday after Thanksgiving I ordered this gift online because it was exactly what we were looking for as well as being an incredible price.  Since I had almost 4 weeks until it would be needed, I took the free shipping option.  Plus, I have ordered from this website before and have found that the items tend to arrive prior to the expected date.  Now, here I sit...one gift short for Christmas and due to our travel dates, it is likely that I will be figuring out a "Plan B" at the last minute.

This afternoon, the doorbell rang and in excitement I ran to the door to find the UPS truck delivering a package.  Yes!  It arrived on time... until, I read the box and realized that it was not the long awaited item.  Ugh! This package was something I ordered for school this next semester and certainly could wait until after Christmas.  However, it was full of packaging material that was perfect for packing a very fragile gift that I had been trying to wrap for several days.  Each time I started to wrap it, I would just stop because I wasn't sure how to do it without risking breakage.  At least, this was a blessing.

As I was finishing up that project, I felt the Lord nudging my spirit saying, "Don't I always provide?  I always meet your needs.  I will in this other issue as well." Immediately, my heart was at peace and I knew that all was okay with the long awaited package.  Either it will arrive on time or God has another gift in mind for that child that we are to give him.  I think - more than anything- it is a matter of trusting that God works out all the details of our life for our benefit and good.  It is easy to say that when all is going well, but in the midst of the Christmas hectic schedule when your last gift doesn't seem to be coming.... well, trusting can be hard in those moments.  Too often our human nature tries to figure out a solution on our own, but I think God just wants us to stop, breath in His peace and trust.  Usually, that is when the perfect resolution appears in God's divine timing.

So, today, I wait- at peace- and trust that either it will arrive soon or we will find something even better.  I will praise Him as I wait and just savor the intimacy of a God who cares and provides for all the details of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment