Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Blessing of Loss

As I sit by the fireside, watching the dancing flames within the hearth, I can't help but think, reflect, and rejoice over this previous year.  Every year I tend to spend some time just reflecting on what the Father has done for me and for our family in the current year as well as look ahead toward the year ahead.  Today, He has reminded me that I am thankful for the blessings and the losses. 

He has blessed us with a new job that provides well in finances, time and improved work environment.  He has blessed us with an incredible church family that is seeking after the Father and focused on bringing others to the Lord. God has brought many new people in our life that have touched, encouraged, and uplifted us.  We have come to value the friendships that God has grown stronger in these past years and months.  To be honest, I could easily be overwhelmed by all the treasures He has laid before us these past 12 months.  He always out-blesses us!

Today, however, I am also thankful for all the losses of this past year.  God has taught and continues to teach me that loss is for our benefit as well.  The losses grow my faith, draw me closer to my family and help me see Him in a new light.  No one wants to travel the road of loss, but God never has us take that journey unless it is for our absolute benefit.   Is it painful?  Yes, sometimes it is very painful.  Will we always discover all the "whys" and "hows"?  Not always.  Yet, despite all that, God IS ALWAYS faithful. He will make the darkest night like the noonday sun by the rich light of His love and blessings. 

This year, our family walked through a loss.  It was sad, but I have no doubt that God designed it for our benefit as a family.  I am so much closer to my husband, my kids are much happier because God chose to remove an unhealthy relationship from our life.  I see that He has blessed the others as well- confirming that it was best for all.  God is always faithful and works all circumstances for our good. 

I do not know that is ahead for us this year, but I rejoice in whatever He has for us.  He has never failed us and I know He will be faithful in the year ahead.  Where are you today?  Are you in the middle of a loss?  Seek Him!  He will bring you blessings despite it.  Are you overwhelmed by all the blessings He has showered on you?  Rejoice in all that He has done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment