Thursday, December 6, 2012

Resting

This morning in the quiet stillness of my room- with only praise music playing- I found myself just still before my Lord. Reading, praying, and just resting in His presence. My world gets crazy with all the responsibilities that I juggle- I know you can relate. It gets hard, sometimes, for my mind to settle all the various, busy thoughts that fill it. So, in the quiet solitude of the praise music filling the room, I lifted all the needs of my heart and mind to the Father and just savored the gentle rest of Him. There is nothing like the peace and rest found in the Father. Peace...Contentment... No need to rush, but to simply relish and savor the presence of my Father.

I read this statement today from the book, "Jesus Calling," by Sarah Young...." What I search for in My children is an awakened soul that thrills to the Joy of My Presence! I created mankind to glorify Me and enjoy Me forever. I provide the Joy; your part is to glorify Me by living close to Me. "

"You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever. "(Psalms 16:11 NLT)

"For I have given rest to the weary and joy to the sorrowing.” (Jeremiah 31:25 NLT)

"The L ord protects those of childlike faith; I was facing death, and he saved me. Let my soul be at rest again, for the L ord has been good to me. He has saved me from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling. And so I walk in the L ord ’s presence as I live here on earth! "(Psalms 116:6-9 NLT)

My friend, when was the last time that you just rested in the presence of the Father? Let Him draw your weary soul to Him and just let all of life flow into His care and just rest. What else do you truly need?

No comments:

Post a Comment