Friday, February 15, 2013

Reagan's Love

Yesterday was Valentine's Day..... you are thinking to yourself that I am a little late in my recognition, and that is a fair statement.  I marveled at all the "floral" and sweet delight photos on Facebook yesterday.  Now, don't get me wrong- I enjoy Valentine's Day as I do most holidays!  In the past Reagan has given me chocolatly delights, beautiful floral arrangements, sparkling diamonds, and .... wait for it..... clothes, shoes, and.... purses!  Being a girly girl, all these treasures have brought joy and squeals of delight.   However, I thought a lot yesterday about all that he has given me in our nearly 17 years together.  This is what I came to see...his greatest gift has been his love.

His love has been patient and kind.  Sometimes, I marvel at the patience he has for me.  I can be a challenge sometimes in my crazy, spontaneous ways.  He has never wanted me to be anything different that what I am.  Reagan works so hard daily to make sure that we have what need and gives me the freedom to do what I love- care for our children.

His love isn't jealous or boastful or proud or rude.  He does not demand his own way.  He listens to my heart, thoughts and opinions before making decisions for our family.  Reagan strives to grow and mature in his love for me and that drives me to do the same.

He keeps no record of being wronged.  When we have issues, my past does get dragged out of the closet door to parade in front of me... taunting me with failures and short comings.  Instead he talks to me about the present and current conflict that we are working through. 

He rejoices when the truth wins out in my life.  Those times when I call him and share what God has taught me, convicted and grown me in a situation; his response is that of encouragement, love and support. 

He never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful and endures through every circumstance with me.  Never.... not once.... has leaving ever been an option in our marriage.  He is committed to the end with this crazy brunette and I love him for that.

Of all the gifts he has given me, these are the greatest-- His love.  Even greater than that, he has loved with an everlasting love that comes from the Father.  I love all the treasures that he has blessed me with in our years together, but these are the ones that will last and endure for all time.  I love you Reagan.

"Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance." (1 Corinthians 13:4-7 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment