Wednesday, March 27, 2013

His Blood, My Victory!

Tonight, as I walked the prayer journey to the cross at our church, I found myself kneeling and broken....  overwhelmed by the task at hand as I picked up a pen and attempted to write my sins on paper to be nailed on a wooden cross.  In that moment, the magnitude of all that I have ever done hit me square in the face.  Is there even enough paper in production to list them?  To be brutally honest, no matter what I could write on that small, white square would never be sufficient.  Only when the full weight of all your failures hits you, can one truly comprehend the magnitude of freedom we have been given.  Finally, I managed to find some words to fill my blank white sheet and I walked to the cross.

As I picked up the hammer and nail, I wanted to cry out-- Lord, why?  Why did you bear it all for me?  Your blood spilled out screaming innocence while mine cries out for your redemption.  That blood bought me freedom- it is my victory!  This moment was beautiful, heart-wrenching, painful and powerful...always redeeming.

Where are you?  Does your blood cry out for His redemption?  Have you truly recognized the weight of your sin to fully grasp the freedom you have been given?  His blood was spilled for you.... it can be your victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment