Saturday, March 30, 2013

Looking for Sunday

"In every aspect of our lives, there is no resurrection without death first. Friday is painful but Sunday is coming." Jefferson Bethke

I have pondered this statement so deeply over the past 24 hours- not because I question it's validity, but because it rings so true in the quiet recesses of my existence. In every area of my walk of faith, the great mountaintop spiritual experiences were always preceded by painful "deaths" to my earthly state. A lost relationship stirred the desire for Christ to be my life-long Lover of my soul. A lost job killed my pride and self-sufficiency and yet, taught me about the Jehovah Jirah who provides for all needs.

Living through the "Fridays" is painful and challenging at best. They are meant to break and put to death all the impurities that hinder us from the Christian life we are meant to live. In those moments, we must cling to the hope that Sunday is real and that victory will come! Be aware, however, this victory is for the Father's glory in us and may not look the way you envisioned. It will be what is absolutely best -even if the picture is different than your mind thought.

Are you struggling with the pain of a Friday? Trust, hope, and cling to the knowledge that our loving Father has you fully encompassed in His loving embrace. Sunday WILL come!

If you are living in the victory of a living Sunday- rejoice and share in that victory. Our world is crying out for more victorious, Sunday living!! More pain will inevitably come, but so too will the incredible growth and reward through perservance.

Thank you, Father, for painful Fridays that bring the glorious redemption of Sundays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment