Thursday, March 21, 2013

Weary

Oh my friends, our family has had quite a challenging last few months.  Our little K-man, Kendall, has been battling an ongoing ear infection.   As a result, we have spending a lot of time and finances at the doctor's office trying to get him well.  Yesterday, after two doctor appointments this week, I awoke and just felt drained.  Drained of energy, drained of time, drained of the capability to complete the ever-growing list of needs ahead of me.  Tired.... weary....empty. 

Then, I read the following passage for the devotional Jesus Calling by Sarah Young....
"I shower blessings on you daily, but sometimes you don't perceive them.  When your mind is stuck on a negative focus, you see neither Me nor My gifts.  In faith, thank Me for whatever is preoccupying your mind.  This will clear the blockage so that you can find Me."

I felt so convicted.  All I had been focused on was my personal inadequacies, my shortcomings, and how ill equipped I felt for the day ahead.  I just failed to recognize the unlimited resources available to me through my Father who makes inadequacies adequate, shortcomings suddenly measure up and He equips us all that we will face in any given day.  Alone, I am not enough, but in the hands of the Father, I am perfectly equipped for every challenge that will fall at my feet.

I took out my list of "needs" and slowly prayed over every item.  Praising Him for the bills that needed to be paid because He provides for our needs.  Praising Him for the dishes to be cleaned because it meant we had plenty of food to eat.   I continued praying over each and every item finding that praising Him for each of the tasks to be done helped me to have a new perspective on the tasks ahead.  Slowly, I felt a weight lifting off of my spirit and peace filled all my empty places.  He never wants us to handle things alone.  Our Father longs for us to need Him and to recognize all that He can accomplish in and through us.  Only God can make the broken whole, complete and perfectly designed for all that we will face.  We are stronger broken and healed than we would ever be on our own.

"God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. Let the oceans roar and foam. Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge! Interlude" (Psalms 46:1-3 NLT)

"But whenever someone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord—who is the Spirit—makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image." (2 Corinthians 3:16-18 NLT)

"Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God, and keep the vows you made to the Most High. Then call on me when you are in trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give me glory.” (Psalms 50:14, 15 NLT)

God IS our strength.  Let Him remove the veil before our eyes; so, we can see and know what He is doing in our lives.  Give Him the sacrifice of your praise and let us honor Him with our lives.  Today, you may be tired, weary and empty.... but, God will fill you with all that is needed.  He will make you sufficient and capable while filling all the emptiness with His all encompassing peace.  My friend, the only real need you have today is a need for more of Him. 

Blessings....

No comments:

Post a Comment