Thursday, March 14, 2013

Unbreakable Lifeline

Today was Kendall's birthday. I could easily share just how much I adore this precious blessing in our lives, but I think most of you already know that! :)

In honor of his special day, we went to our local park to play. The weather was wonderful with warm temperatures and a slight breeze. He just loved it!! He would run from one thing to another- the slide, the swings, and a rocking motorcycle. In the middle of the playground, there was a set of jumping pads that were spaced too far apart for his short, little legs. I offered to help him "jump" them, but he was frightened when I first lifted him onto the pad. He had a death grip on me!! By the time we left, he was a pro at climbing on the pads and jumping off!

Today, I read this passage....

"We who have run for our very lives to God have every reason to grab the promised hope with both hands and never let go. It's an unbreakable spiritual lifeline, reaching past all appearances right to the very presence of God where Jesus, running on ahead of us, has taken up his permanent post as high priest for us, in the order of Melchizedek." (Hebrews 6:19, 20 MSG)

I love the wording of this passage from the Message. I thought of how tightly Kendall clung to me, and I think that is how desperately God wants us to cling to His promised hope. Our hope, our joy, our peace....is all in Him!!! He is our unbreakable lifeline! Glory!! When we are struggling with the day to day issues in life, we can look to our Savior- our high priest.

Today, I need that reassurance. How about you? Remember the security you have in an unbreakable lifeline!

No comments:

Post a Comment