Saturday, June 8, 2013

Leftover Night

Does your family have a "leftover" night?  On occasion, we pull out all the leftover food in the refrigerator and have one final meal.  It helps clean out the refrigerator and I feel like it prevents any food from going to waste.  It makes one crazy meal though!  No one ends up with the same food on their plate!

Well, this is kind of a "leftover" post.... just a mix of all my crazy thoughts from the week.  You might find something that sounds good to you- even if it is an odd post.

I decided to try and focus on potty training this week as school was complete for us and I didn't have any major commitments this week.  Plus, Kendall is speaking well- in very complete sentences and is physically able to help pull up his pants.  His brothers were potty trained before they were three and I figured it would be easy especially having older brothers to... uh, "watch" and follow their lead.  Boy, was I wrong!  He has been willing to sit on the potty, but doesn't seem to have a clue what to do when sitting there.   I would end up spending a big part of the day cleaning....everything.  So, several other mothers have suggested that I set a timer every 15-30 minutes and take him to the potty.  Now, this sounds like a reasonable suggestion.... except, I am in no way disciplined enough for that.  Insanity, to me, is living by a timer that is going off every 15 to 30 minutes.  I admire any of you who are able to do it, but it just isn't for me.  So, we will keep trying, cleaning and trying.... I am pretty sure that we will be successful before he goes to school... college, that is.

I am also not the "tooth pulling" mom.  I now have two boys in the house loosing teeth and as incredible as it may sound, I have yet to pull a tooth.  I just can't do it.... CANNOT.  Caleb even had one that was barely hanging in his mouth and he asked me to give him relief by pulling the tooth.... I tried, but had to give up.  Poor kid had to pull his own tooth!  As a mom, I can handle blood, stitches, and even sick stomachs.... but, please don't ask me to pull a tooth.  Thankfully, I have a friend from church who is good at "tooth pulling" and I may need to keep her on speed dial during the next few years. (Thanks Shannon!)  This week, Carson fell on a bed and finally lost his last tooth that had been very "wiggly" over the past two weeks.  Yay!  And, I didn't even have to call in reinforcements!

Last night, Kendall prayed a sweet , but unusual prayer.  He prayed, "Jesus, never take you away.  When the snakes come, you destroy them.  Jesus, never take you away..... thank you for the food.  Amen."  It was sweet and funny at the same time.  I became blessed as I thought about his simple words.  He asked Jesus to never leave and for Jesus to never go away.  In time, I hope he will come to see and understand that Jesus will never leave him.  He also asked Jesus to destroy the snakes... I laugh because I hate snakes too!  I may have actually passed that fear on to him, but nothing gets me squeamish more than a snake.... um, besides potty training and tooth pulling.  In Genesis, satan took the form of a snake.... I hope Jesus kills all of satan's attempts to harm as well. 

I rediscovered my treadmill this week!  I know that is not a major thing to most of you, but it is to me.  I used it every day the past 3 days.  I feel better overall and I think that will be helpful as I will be joining Caleb on his mission trip in just 2 weeks!!!  Prayers are so appreciated!  We will be headed north to Oklahoma in the Norman area.

Well, I guess that is about it.   I know it has been random, but that is a picture of my life right now-  good, crazy and a bit random!   What crazy stuff has been going on in your world?  Please share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment