Saturday, June 22, 2013

Today is the Day

Today is the day.  We are packed and will soon load our bags and supplies and head to Oklahoma to serve Him in that great state.  First thing this morning, the nerves started and I began to go through all the reasons why I might need to stay home.... just kidding, but I think you can relate!  I like being comfortable in my house with my stuff and so forth.

 As I spent some time praying and reading His scriptures, I realized that serving our Savior is not an option.  We are called to minister and care for others around us- all of us- no one is excluded.  Service becomes part of our DNA when we become a child of the King.  This is not as hard as we tend to make it.  Needs abound in our world.  Lonely are across the street as they are across the world.  Hurting people exist in our churches, cities, and sometimes in our own home.  We can serve in areas close and far, but the act of service is not optional.

As I have pondered this, I have grown in excitement and anticipation of this week ahead.  It has been a privilege to be called to go and minister to outside of my comfort zone.  Perhaps as I witness needs that exist a state away, I will come to see the needs that exist within my comfort level.... in my county, in my town, and down my street.  It is my prayer that I will new eyes to see the needs and ears to hear the heartbreak, hands ready to hug, and feet ready to move.  God grant me "newness" in You.

Please pray for us this week!!!  I will update as I can.....

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment