Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Brokenness

As a mom, I have often heard a cry coming from one of my boys when a toy has been broken.  They bring the remnant pieces to me and place them in my hands all the while looking expectantly at me in hopes that I might be able to "fix" what has been broken.

How many times have I ran to my Savior doing the same thing?  Bringing the broken pieces of my life resulting from bad decisions or responses to His plan for me.  I lay it all at His feet and look expectantly in hopes that He can repair it all..... It is always my hope that he could just restore things to the way they were before.  Yet, so often the Savior does so much more. 

Many times He restores my brokenness to a condition that was far superior than before.  He heals- so completely- that often times others will never know all the damage and hurt that was a part of your journey.  When He heals, it is complete.

Other times, He may look at the broken pieces of my life and say, "My child, this piece right here is perfect for this new journey I have for you. It may feel broken to you, but in my eyes it is exactly what is needed."  In those moments, He takes our brokenness and not only finds them useful, but a perfect fit for His needs.  The brokenness is what makes us useful for His work.  Never be afraid to be broken before our precious Lord!  It is, in fact, the beginning of a new journey for us as we walk with Him.

Where are you today?  Maybe it is a time of praising Him for all the healing and restoration that He has done in your life.  Just start praising Him for everything you can think of- I have no doubt it will overwhelm you to fully recognize all the ways He has been faithful to you.  If you feel "broken" today, lift those areas up to Him in prayer and leave them in His capable hands.  He will either heal or redeem it for His glory because hurts and struggles are always meant to draw us to Him!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment