Tuesday, October 29, 2013

You are Strong!

Yesterday, the time had come and I had to face it..... the mountain of laundry that had grown on top of our washing machine.  Many people wash a load or two in a day to keep us with the need and demand of their family.  However, I am not like most people apparently!  I like to do all our laundry over the span of a day (or two.... or three) because I can have full loads and it works better for me.  I can focus on just that task for that day.  Anyway, the day had come and the mountain seemed larger than normal.  I realized that I needed to move the basket out of our very small laundry room into an adjacent hallway for sorting.  So, lifted the basket with all my might as I moved it as avalanches of clothing items fell on my head and floor.  Just about the time I am realizing this might not have been the best approach to move all this, I hear Kendall exclaiming, "Yay Momma!  You are strong!"

The funny thing is..... it was more of an encouragement than a declaration.  He saw a strength in me and exclaimed it more as a way of keeping me going despite the weight of the load I was carrying.  The Father reminded me that is what I am to do for others- speak encouragement and hope to others carrying a weight that seems to hard to bear.  My friend, we are stronger than we seem- not because of anything we are or abilities we have- but, because we have the power of the resurrection within us as believers of Christ.  The power of the resurrection which brought forth life from death- that is the power we have from our Savior within, my friend!   His strength becomes ours and the load becomes lighter. 

Plus, we have friends who stand up cheering us on through the task- believing that with Him we can endure to the end of that trial.  I want to be that for you- the friend seeing all that He can do in you!  The friend who comes along praying desperately with you in tears of longing and compassion.  The friend that exclaims.... "You are stronger than you can even comprehend....because your strength is His."..... The friend that walks that trial with you and rejoices in the victory at the end of it. 

Can I be that friend for you?  What can I pray for you?

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment