Thursday, October 17, 2013

Faith of a Child


Over the past few weeks, Kendall has loved this song by David Crowder.  He listens to it several times a day and when he isn't listening to it, he is singing it.  Several times I have been in the midst of a task to hear his toddler voice singing, "He loves us.  Oh, how He loves us!" and my mother heart fills to overflowing.  This morning he asked to what the video again and in the midst of the song he jumped up off the floor, lifted both hands to the sky with eyes closed tight singing to God.  I literally caught my breath in my chest.  He is a child- one who has not experienced much life- and is too young to make that life changing faith decision to live for Christ at this point.  Yet, his heart knows whom it is to praise! 

This verse hit me.....

"He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me." (Matthew 18:2-5 NIV)

What Jesus is teaching us is to have the faith like a child...so, what does that mean.

Children love completely.
Children trust whole heartedly.
Children believe all is possible.
Children worship without fear.

That is the kind of faith I want to have...but....Life gets hard and complicated doesn't it?  The blessing of childhood is being blissfully unaware of the heartaches and strife that so overwhelms us as adults.  Yet, this morning God reminded me that no matter the situation, He is in control.  Therefore, I can believe that ALL is possible and worship Him without fear.  The Father reminded me that He always has my best interest at heart and that allows me to love completely and trust whole heartedly.  Life will still be hard and problems will continue to exist- only in heaven will those things pass away- but He will walk with me through it all.  Such knowledge causes peace to flow freely within and I become overwhelmed by His great love.   Come to think of it, maybe the blessing of childhood is not being blissfully unaware of such problems, but rather knowing that it is not in their hands.  Children know problems are there, but it is in the hands of their parents.  In the midst of our problems, our blessing is in knowing it is all in the Father's hands- not ours.

Today, what do I need to lay at His feet in complete trust, love, faith and worship knowing that it is all under the care of my perfect Father?  How about you?

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment