Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fifteen Years

Today, my mind scans over countless memories that span a mere 15 years since Reagan and I faced each other in front of many friends and family members and committed to spend the rest of our lives as one.  So young were we- a mere 22 and 23- yet, so determined to make this thing work.  So, together we started on the greatest adventure of our lives- marriage!


I know it is only by God's grace do two people who are so different in many ways become one and feel so happy and fulfilled.  A big part of that, as well, is marrying someone who is truly a friend- your best friend and building a love that lasts on the Father of us both.  God in His infinite wisdom knew that it was not good for man to be alone and desired for us to have a partner to help us walk through this life.  I am so glad that He chose you for me and that we truly look forward to seeing each other every day.


Here are some things I have learned in 15 years:


I can make a peach cobbler.

Sometimes saying I'm sorry is better than winning the argument.

I have learned to trust you as the head of our house.

God does always provide!

We are stronger together and can face more than we would have thought.

You like to eat your food separately and I may always marvel at that.

You see things in black and white and I see many more shades, but we need both perspectives.

I do know how to mow the lawn after all!

You DO NOT like to be tickled...anywhere....anytime.

I will always tickle you.

Laughter brings much joy in our house and we laugh often.

You relax about life when I throw flour at you.

I am stronger and most loved when in your arms.

I still do not like morning breath.

You forgive quickly.

My love for you does grow stronger each year.


Thank you, Reagan, for all that you have done and given for me over the past years.  I truly look forward to all that God has for us as our life together continues.  You are my best friend and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment