Friday, July 20, 2012

Homesick for Heaven

I just love it when God steps in and confirms what my soul already knew.  This morning I was online reading about the sad events in Aurora, CO when I saw an article about a doctor who drowned and went to heaven.   Dr. Mary Neal was interviewed recently on a major network morning show and she shared her experience.  (Here is a link to that article: Dr. Mary Neal)  She describes seeing Jesus and how beautiful heaven is/was and how she really didn't want to leave it.  Her story is so similar to countless others who have had a similar experience.  My soul knows that heaven is real, but it encourages me so much when I read of these experiences.  It makes me excited for what is still yet to come for all of us who believe!!!

After reading that article, I read in my Jesus Calling devotional the following quote: "I made you in my image, and I hid heaven in your heart.  Your yearning for Me is a form of homesickness: longing for your true home in heaven."  Isn't that a beautiful thought.... my heart delights in that!  I love that a piece of heaven is in my heart calling me to my true homeland.  I think that is why such testimonies of heaven bring me such joy- my soul cries out, "It is real- my home- and so, too, is my God!!  Do not doubt! Believe and see!" 

Then, God led me to this scripture, "Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity.  All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely."  1Corinthians 13:12 NLT     There is no coincidence with the Father- God wanted to remind me today that heaven is real and that my life- your life- has purpose.  We serve a real God.  We serve a real purpose.  Our future is secure.  We will spend eternity in a real heaven.  As a result we, as the living redeemed of Christ, should not fear things of this world.   Isaiah 43:1 says, "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine." NKJV

I know that in the midst of this crazy world when our nation and all society seems to be so far away from where we should be.  When heartache, grief and trouble seems so pervasive and unending...we just need to know- truly know- He is real and our faith is secure.  Take shelter and rest in the knowledge that He is still in control even when the storm rages wildly around us.  Just trust in Jesus for today, tomorrow and eternity.... He WILL NOT FAIL YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment