Thursday, July 19, 2012

When I Wake in a Fog

Some mornings I tend to wake in a fog.  (Have I mentioned that I am not really a morning person?)  Today, was one of those mornings and I sat and read and sipped my creamed coffee.... the fog remained.  I found myself just "going through the motions" of having my time with Him.  I didn't want that- I wanted so much more!  I wanted to feel and savor His presence and to have a desperation for Him in a deeper way.... I longed for something more. 

God brought to mind Carson.  Carson is our second son and he is so passionate.  We often laugh because his face is such an honest representation of what he is feeling at any given time.  If he is happy, the joy is all over his expression and if he is upset- that too is all over his expression.  He experiences such a wide range of emotions as he is so tenderhearted and I have had to learn a different way of parenting him.  He often comes and expresses things that are on his mind and heart- in fact, I have teased that he is going through a confessional stage!  He has also come to me and expressed his thanksgiving to me, as his mother, for all that I do for him- laundry, dinner, and cleaning.  He will also come and ask me to hold and cuddle him- which I do gladly!  Every night- and I do mean every night- he asks me to come and tuck him in.  He wants moments with me throughout the day- times of confessing a wrongdoing, times of thanksgiving for what I have done, and times of just being with me and to feel my arms around him bringing security and love.  These moments draw us closer to each other... and we have a deeper connection as a result.

I  need to be more like Carson in my relationship with the Father.  I need to focus on being aware of Him throughout the day....  giving God praise when I see Him at work in my day.  When I see an area that I have failed my Father, I need to immediately confess it to Him so that it cannot become a stronghold in my life.   There are times when I just need to marvel at all that He is and does and just savor being with Him.  Moments like when the praise song on the radio expresses just what my heart was feeling and I just sing it out with joy over the love my Father has for me!  Throughout the day, these many various moments, draw me closer to the Father and my love and understanding is deeper.  It is an ongoing conversation in silence with the Lover of my soul through the day that keeps me focused on Him and all that He has done for me. 

"Then you will sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, making music to the Lord in your hearts.  Any you will always give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."  Ephesians 5:19-20 NLT

"My heart has heard you say, 'Come and talk with me.' And my heart responds, 'Lord, I am coming.'"  Psalm 27:8 NLT

" Whoever pursues righteousness and unfailing love will find life, righteousness, and honor."  Proverbs 21:21 NLT

The fog that plagued me this morning lifts as I allow the Son to shine His love through me and into all aspects of my day.... moving me to moments of praise, confession, and thanksgiving over all that He has done and will do in my simple life.  Thank you, Father, for my precious Carson who has lived this lesson out before me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment