Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Where is my crown?

Oh my goodness!  Today, Kendall has been a little tornado.  He has spilled water on the carpet and milk on the kitchen table.  He has thrown fits and toys as well as hit his brothers with an arrow he found in one of their rooms.  On top of all that- he had a terrible diaper that..... well, let's just say made a BIG mess.  I have cleaned, disciplined and tried to not pull my hair out in frustration!  Can you relate?  Maybe you reflect and remember those days for yourself? 

Last night, Beth Moore in the Esther study talked about when you hit the realization that your princess life hasn't turned out like you expected.  Boy, could I identify with that this morning!  As a child I dreamed of being a princess-wearing a beautiful gown with a diamond tiara on my head.  This morning- uh, afternoon- I am still in my pajamas and I haven't even fixed my hair today..... when did I lose my princess status?  When did the beautiful gown turn into jeans and stained t-shirt and when did my crown turn into a ponytail and baseball cap?  Especially in my house of all males, there are times when I just want to scream, "I am a princess!!!  I AM a princess!!  My shoes and purses are suppose to match my outfit and my nails are suppose to be manicure perfect.  I just don't know what happened!"

The truth is I do know what happened.... I became a mother to three "princes" and that means I no longer focus on myself and having my entire outfit match picture perfect.  Instead, our day is a success when we arrive on time anywhere and everyone is clean and dressed appropriately.  Romantic candlelight meals  have been replaced with fast food restaurants where kids eat free.  Now, I am still a princess at heart and I do my best to balance out the testosterone in this house with a lot of pink (and estrogen).  I have come to see that my life is still a dream- I still have a wonderful husband and three great boys who truly love and dote on me.... I just have to realize that real life isn't gowns and tiaras.... real life is bear hugs, butterfly kisses and mud pies.  It's hearing the same joke 20 times and still laughing at it.  Life is savoring the toddler fingerprints on the glass pane because they disappear all too fast.  It is realizing that there is more important things I could be doing instead of planning my perfectly coordinated outfit like playing hide and go seek.  I love my life with all its messiness and craziness..... besides it's hard to hide in a tiara!

No comments:

Post a Comment