Saturday, July 21, 2012

I Love a Rainstom

I love a rainstorm.  I love the coolness of the air following it and the clean scent that lingers after the downpour fades.  It is invigorating, exciting and I find a new spring in my step.  There is just something beautiful about it all....cleansing.

On such days, I love to curl up and read a good book or watch a classic movie- to just rest and relax while I hear the calming sounds of rain and thunder outside.  It is a chance to just focus on the things I love while safe and sheltered within the security of the house.

I think God wants the same from me when the rainstorms in life roll my way.  I think He wants me to just rest in His calming presence focusing on my love for Him and His love for me.  Remembering all that God has been faithful to do in the past as I walk through the current storm all the while sheltered by my Father.  There is a certain clarity when in the midst of a trial when you can truly see what is most important.  Following the storm, I too have been through a cleansing spiritually.  There is a new awareness of all that is good in my life and I have a new spring in my spiritual walk. 

Just as the world is never the same following the rain, I am never the same following my spiritual storms- I have grown, improved and I am more beautiful as a result. 

"He calmed the storm to a whisper and stilled the waves.  What a blessing was that stillness as he brought them safely into the harbor!  Let them praise the Lord for his great love and for the wonderful things he has done for them."  Psalm 107:29-31 NLT

"The rain and snow come down from the heavens and stay on the ground to water the earth.  They cause the grain to grow, producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry.  It is the same with my word.  I send it out, and it always produces fruit.  It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it."  Isaiah 55:10-11  NLT

Let the drops fall, the healing, growing beautiful rain drops....

No comments:

Post a Comment