Saturday, September 8, 2012

Not Perfect, Just Redeemed

Yesterday, my second son, Carson, took his first Science quiz and did not do well. It was his first time to take a quiz like that and to be honest I am not sure he fully knew how to prepare and study. He tends to be a perfectionist regarding his schoolwork and was devastated by the average grade he received. He laid behind our couch and cried- nay, sobbed. After several minutes I was able to get him to come out and speak with me. That failure in his mind was beyond repair and he struggled with moving past it. While I reassured him that we would prepare differently next time and that we could learn from this failure- he still had a hard time forgiving himself.

Have you been there? I have. Moments when I thought God could never forgive me- how could I ever forgive myself? In my mind I had gone past the point of reconciliation, healing, forgiveness, and restoration. Thankfully, that was just a lie from the evil one!! No matter how far away you have strayed from God's plan for your life- He is but one breath away from you. His arms are outstretched and ready to offer you freedom, love, healing, redemption, forgiveness.... Life-my friend- real life! No sin is too great for Him to overcome and heal!!

"Let all that I am praise the LORD;
with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the LORD;
may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins
and heals all my diseases. He redeems me from death
and crowns me with love and tender mercies. He fills my life with good things.
My youth is renewed like the eagle’s! The LORD gives righteousness
and justice to all who are treated unfairly. He revealed his character to Moses
and his deeds to the people of Israel. The LORD is compassionate and merciful,
slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love. He will not constantly accuse us,
nor remain angry forever. He does not punish us for all our sins;
he does not deal harshly with us, as we deserve. For his unfailing love toward those who fear him
is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth. He has removed our sins as far from us
as the east is from the west. The LORD is like a father to his children,
tender and compassionate to those who fear him. For he knows how weak we are;
he remembers we are only dust. "(Psalm 103:1-14 NLT)

Seek Him and rejoice- by His stripes you can be healed!!! Let all of us who are the redeemed forgiven in Christ praise Him for all that He has done!!


No comments:

Post a Comment