Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Stealing Away

"My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.”
And my heart responds, “LORD, I am coming.” (Psalm 27:8 NLT)

Some mornings I awake with such a longing in my soul to steal away in my room some time with my Savior. On those mornings there is a different need than most of my days- more of an urgency to get deep in prayer and scripture. I love those times. It truly feels like Psalm 27:8 in my soul as I feel pulled away from the distractions of my world to just be with Him. The more time I spend with Him, the more time I need with Him. I grow stronger from kneeling in prayer. I accomplish more when I have taken the time to just savor Him. I have more peace when my world is filled with conflict. I sing joyful songs in the midst of sadness and have tremendous joy in the blessings of others.

Simply because His ways are not our ways. He gives life, love, victory and all that is needed for all that He has for us. I want nothing less than Him today, tomorrow, and every day after that. He is my all.

"Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end. "(Ecclesiastes 3:11 NLT)

My friend, is He calling you to spend some moments away with Him today? Run to Him for His calling is richer than the finest of delights. Savor all that He wants to teach and share with you. Delight in His presence!



No comments:

Post a Comment