Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Glorious Day

This morning, I so desperately needed to steal fleeting moments in my room to just be still and praise my Savior. There are days when my soul just needs more- more of Him in the beautiful silence of His love pouring into me love, joy, and thanksgiving. Sweet, unashamed tears flowed as I praised, pondered and relished His love for me. One song in particular touched my heart and thanksgiving to my Savior bubbled forth.

"Living He loved me. Dying He saved me. Buried He carried my sin far away. Rising He justified freely forever and one day He's coming- oh glorious day! Oh glorious day!" Casting Crowns, "Glorious Day"

My friend that act alone is reason to praise Him all my days. He took my sin- the shame of my days- and cast them into the sea of forgetfulness. I am redeemed. I am a child of the King! I have a new home waiting for me and my soul longs, with great anticipation, seeing my Savior face to face.

He, loving me so, has given me so much more than I deserve. He has blessed me with a wonderful family, husband, sons, church home, friends, and home in which to build memories. How could I not praise Him? I am so thankful for the grace of God that has given me so much more than I could ever deserve or imagine. This grace- conceived in a garden and completed on a cross- is the purpose and legacy of my being.


"Believe even when you do not feel. Know even when you do not see. 
He gave the life of His son to demonstrate His love.  Believe!"
Beth Moore, "Praying God's Word Day by Day"



No comments:

Post a Comment