Monday, November 19, 2012

To Dance

Last night, Reagan took Caleb for some one on one man time. The younger boys and I stayed home to just relax and they were watching a new movie on television about a princess.

At one point, Kendall came to me and asked me a question. I could not understand him at first, but I finally realized that he was asking me if I was a princess! I chuckled, but he took my hand and asked me to dance. We danced and danced around the living room and my heart felt such strong brimming emotions.... These moments leave us so fast as parents. Moments that we are their everything- their hero, their star, their princess.

I danced till he was ready to stop. This morning, while praying, God reminded me that my job, as a mother, is to train and prepare them for their bride (aka princess). I may hold their heart for a time, but God has another lady in mind to capture it for a lifetime. I cried. In a mix of sweet and hard emotions, I prayed for that special lady for each of my boys- Godly ladies that will love only the Father more. My hope is that their marriages will be blessed by a deep, strong commitment to each other through the Father. I also prayed that God would help me to let go and give them to their brides in joy and peace.

Parenting ... It is such a dance of emotions. I will dance with each of them as long as they are willing, knowing that the memories will forever dance in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment