Friday, November 16, 2012

Stealing Moments

On rare occasions, I have the opportunity to do something with just one of my boys. Reagan and I are trying to be more intentional about getting that precious, one on one time with each son.

Last night, I took Kendall to the grocery store while the older boys went to karate with Dad. I know the grocery store isn't that grand, but it wasn't about where we went, it was about who I was with. I loved it. We talked, laughed, and just savored the uninterrupted moments together.

God wants that with me. He just wants time with me alone to just savor. I don't have to be at the church- I can capture His attention anywhere, anytime. Honestly, He longs for me to take the time to join Him in my day.

I have come to love and long for the first of the morning moments we share together- my Lord and I. I had never, however, really pondered what joy and delight it brings Him. What parent doesn't love the moments that their child comes to just be with them? Throughout the day I can steal small snippets of time with Him when I sing a praise song to Him while cleaning the kitchen or when we thank Him for the food He provides each meal. Moments, when I quickly cry out a prayer for a need brought to my attention or when I jump for joy in seeing a prayer answered by His perfect plan. Those, too, are moments I spend with my Father.

He wants time with you. He loves you. It brings Him great joy to just be a part of who you are today, tomorrow, and everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment