Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Day After

The votes were cast. The map was colored. The decision was made and a nation- this nation- remains divided. This much is clear and evident to us all. So, what now?

Just as stated yesterday, we look to Christ. My friend we have not been promised easy lives free of conflict or trial. Instead we trust and cling to our Savior who has promised to carry us through every trial, conflict, and challenge. As believers in the Son who saves, we never walk alone. Now, more than ever let us seek His face because there is a world watching and they desperately need Him.

In His perfect timing, here were some quotes and scriptures from my devotion today:

"Your sense of security must not rest in your possessions or in things going your way. I am training you to depend on me alone, finding fulfillment in my Presence. This entails being satisfied with much or with little, accepting either as My will for the moment. Instead of grasping and controlling, you are learning to release and receive. Cultivate this receptive stance by trusting Me in every situation. " from "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young

"Crisis brings us face to face with our inadequacy and our inadequacy in turn leads us to the inexhaustible sufficiency of God." Catherine Marshall from "Once a Day Everyday"

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33 NLT)

"But now, O Jacob, listen to the LORD who created you.
O Israel, the one who formed you says,
“Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters,
I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
you will not be burned up;
the flames will not consume you." (Isaiah 43:1, 2 NLT)

If you make the LORD your refuge,
if you make the Most High your shelter, no evil will conquer you;
no plague will come near your home. For he will order his angels
to protect you wherever you go. They will hold you up with their hands
so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone. You will trample upon lions and cobras;
you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet! The LORD says, “I will rescue those who love me.
I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer;
I will be with them in trouble.
I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life
and give them my salvation.” (Psalm 91:9-16 NLT)

My friend, our future and security is in Jesus- not anything else. We must cling to Him and truly let Him transform us. Our world needs to witness transformed lives to begin to recognize their own need for Him. Jesus- He alone- is what our nation, our world needs. Will we live it out day to day before them? Will we speak of the hope He is in our life? Will we cling to Him in our weakest moments secure that our true home is waiting? Let us not walk in fear, but share the rich grace and peace given to us through Christ knowing that the ultimate victory has been won. Let us pray, desperately so, for those who still need Him, but more than ever, let us live the faith we profess.

No comments:

Post a Comment