Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful for the Little Things

Yesterday, in the midst of packing, cleaning, and loading the truck for the journey to celebrate all that we are thankful for with those who we are blessed to call family... God stopped me in my tracks. I was in such a rush, and realized that my boys would probably need a snack for the drive... What to bring? Did I have anything that would be an appropriate road snack? Oh, and I needed to check Kendall's bag for clothes, wipes, diapers and such- what? I sandwich baggie of snack mix that Kendall's class at church had made. I stopped... Paused... And I felt such a prick of thankfulness flood my soul.

How many times does my God, my Savior, provide for needs I have in my world before I even recognized the need? Countless times. Our God loves us that much to step in with every need we may have whether it is great or small. Think of all the times God provided for the Israelites whether it was freedom from Egypt or the daily provision of manna for them to eat while in the desert wandering for 40 years. God takes care of His children- always.

My friend, a few years ago I was in need of some jeans because I had lost weight. However, we really didn't have the money to go purchase new clothes at that time. Feeling almost silly, I prayed about the need, and trusted that somehow God would provide. The next day, we were visiting family and my sister in law said, "I have some jeans that I wondered if you might want- There are 4 or 5 pairs." God provides. When Reagan was laid off from his job, we saw God provide continually. One night, I told Reagan that we had enough money to cover our vehicle and house payment or all the other bills. We were not sure what to do so we prayed. The next day, God provided our house payment and car payment as Reagan received a call that someone had left a donation for our family at the church.

The list goes on and on... Whether it is enough workers on a Sunday that several had to back out or a small check arrives that covers a need that popped up, God is ever faithful. Today, I am so reminded, blessed, and encouraged by seeing Him in all the little blessings that occur so often. It is His way of assuring us that He is with us- always mindful of us, our needs, and ever capable of meeting the needs we face.

He loves that much.... How can I help but praise Him?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment