Monday, April 29, 2013

Building Fences

Reagan's family has been blessed with a ranch down in south Texas around the Kerrville area.  On occasion, we work together to make repairs and help maintain the place.  This weekend, we took down and replaced a 1300 foot section of fence line.  Here are some photos of all the work.....

This is the portion of fence that we were replacing.


Reagan (standing) and his dad, Rick Boles.


It hit me as we were working on the fence line, that boundaries are good for keeping certain things out of your space and for keeping all that you value within it.    In this case, the fence is as much to keep the deer and wildlife that is of great value within the boundaries of our family land.

My sister-in-law, Regina, and me.


My nephew, Gage, Caleb and Carson.

As a believer, God gives me boundaries as well.  They are for my benefit as they keep certain heartaches and dangers out of my life as well as keeping all that is valuable within....

Rolling up the old wire after it had been taken down.


Caleb and Carson dragging part of the old fence off.


Caleb and I taking down part of the old wire.

The only way I can know what boundaries God wants me to have in my life is through studying His Word, praying to Him, and seeking Godly counsel.  He wants to bless us, grow us, and make our value within greater.  My friend, are you tending to the boundaries in your life?  

Attaching the new wire to the posts.  Hard work!


Healthy boundaries reflect a healthy, growing faith.  A properly built fence takes effort, energy and continued maintenance..... is that any different for the boundaries in our lives? 


Blessings.....

No comments:

Post a Comment