Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The "Keep"

As I shared yesterday, we had a crazy weekend with Kendall, but God reminded me of some of His eternal truths.  One of the things I realized about myself is that I tend to set my study of His word aside when my schedule varies from the normal.  Ouch! Truth it is, my friend.

On Friday, we had to get up earlier than normal and as most of you know, I am not a natural morning person.  Plus, things did not go as originally planned as Kendall was already up and had been in bed with my parents.  Needless to say, my time of Bible study did not happen then.  With the surgery and care of him following the surgery, I did not stop to go to the throne of His grace.  Saturday passed.  Sunday passed- both with abundance of free time in which I could go and fill my spiritual cup.  By Monday, I was empty- empty of energy, empty of emotions, and empty of strength.  I needed Him. 

My friend, we are not meant to go about life without drawing on all that He is and offers to us.  The more I study and go to Him in prayer, the more I desperately need it in my life.  It is a longing that I pray never fills.  We convince ourselves that we are too busy or that we will get to it later, but the evil one lies to us.  He convinces us that busyness indicates productivity, but in spiritual things, silence with the Father produces more in our lives than our long "To Do" list could ever could.  We are created to spend time with Him.  We are meant to draw all that we need for any given day through His wellspring of blessings.

I felt so convicted.  What a sweet "refilling" I had with my precious Savior.  HE is my source of all.  Today, I do not know your exact need, but I know that all you truly need can be found in Him.  Draw on His strength!  Are you having a regular time of worship and study with Him?  If not, what can you do to make it happen?  Give the Father a short worship offering of your time and see what He does with it- I am sure He will bless you far beyond measure. 

“But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they never stop producing fruit. (Jeremiah 17:7, 8 NLT)

My friend, our roots need to "reach deep into the water" of Him each day so we can stay spiritually green and producing fruit.  We need that daily drink from Him.  I also read this precious description today, "In all the old castles of England, there was a place called the keep.  It was always the strongest and best protected place in the castle, and in it were hidden all who were weak and helpless and unable to defend themselves in times of danger.  Shall we be afraid to hide ourselves in the keeping power of our Divine Keeper, who neither slumbers nor sleeps, and who has promised to preserve our going out and our coming in, from this time forth and even forever more?" Hannah Whitall Smith

Oh, how I need to hide myself in the keeping power of our Divine Keeper- each day- so I can be prepared to face all that my days offer.  He is our keep, our shelter, in all times.... we just have to go to Him.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment