Thursday, May 23, 2013

He Beckons

In the silence of a dark room I found myself in the wee hours of this day. Before the children stirred and coffee brewed, God awoke me with a whisper..."Come! Spend some time with Me alone...."  So, I sat in the middle of an empty room and met my Savior there. Praise, tears, prayers and scripture filled all the nooks and empty spaces in my longing soul. I had needed Him so desperately, and how beautiful is it that He would beckon me to join Him in the newness of this day? 

At the tender age of eight, I came to know Him as more than just a Biblical figure. He became my Savior. In my early twenties, I fell absolutely, completely and wholly in love with Him- My Redeemer. I love Him still....despite lost jobs, broken dreams, and health issues. He took all the brokenness within me and replaced it with potential and hope. All is whole in His hands. 

My friend, what He does for one- He does for all. Lay your brokenness at His feet, and allow Him to fill you with wholeness. He beckons you too! Can you hear the Lover of your soul gently whispering? Seek and find Him. 


" When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen. "(Ephesians 3:14-21 NLT)

Let our roots grow deep down in the love of our Savior and let us never fail to be overwhelmed by the wealth and richness of it all. Thoroughly, completely and wholly devoted to Him- the Lover of our souls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment