Tuesday, May 28, 2013

New Beginnings

As many of you have noticed from several of my recent posts, God has been leading our family on a new journey.  I think it was best exemplified in the post "Packed Bags".  About twenty years ago, God planted a seed deep within my heart to write... to write about Him.  In college, I pursued a Communications degree with a Journalism minor, but soon went back to school to complete my teaching certification.  I taught for several years before our boys came, but one factor was always present.... I would write.  I would write in my journal or send out an e-mail devotional to close friends.  Eventually, I discovered blogging.  I started our blog a few years ago with the thought that I would just journal our family life events and so forth. 

Then, about 14 months ago, God began to change our blog and what I was writing about.  It became  an online journal sharing what God was teaching me through my studies and through the events of my family.  I found myself so excited by what God was teaching me and how He allowed me to share it with all of you.  In the past 14 months, people from 15-20 different countries have been traveling down this journey with me and with over 10,000 page views of our blog in the past year.  God has grown me through this time and transformed my heart.  The desire to write has grown so strong over the past months that I cannot help but share it.... it feels like the words are burning deep within.  I must write- it is what God has called me to do.

Two months ago, God began to whisper to my heart that the time had come for me to focus more on writing and sharing whatever He would put on my heart.  This, however, would require my stepping down from the part time job that I have done over the past 3 years working as the preschool director at our church.  It was NOT what I had planned.  I have loved that job and working with all the precious children at our church, but God began to open doors and confirming His plan for us.  After praying for four weeks, Reagan and I realized that we needed to move forward in obedience to Him.  I was so anxious during this time that I asked a small group of friends to begin praying for us sharing that I believed that God was making a change in our family life.  I cannot express the strength and support I received from their prayers.  So, on May 1, I met with my supervisor and tearfully shared my heart and how God had been moving in our family.  I gave him my resignation and have been diligently making preparations for my departure from this position.  As another confirmation, Reagan received a small raise the very next day!  Isn't God good???

What is next?  I have no idea!!!!  I wish that I could tell you a detailed plan of all the steps ahead for us, but God seems to want me to patiently wait on His timing.  I keep feeling led to pray, wait, and trust Him for whatever lies ahead.  Recently, He has even been moving on my heart that if there is nothing more ahead than my continuing to blog, that this whole process has been about being completely obedient to Him....Trusting Him.... and following His leading without a safety net.  I have such a peace and joyful excitement as I wait expectantly on whatever my future holds.

What can you do?  PRAY!  Pray!  PRAY!   Pray that God will open the right doors, close the wrong ones and that I would have discernment in the process ahead.  Pray for Reagan and the boys as we travel this new road.... have I mentioned how awesome my man is?  He has been so supportive in all this.  Then, please consider sharing this blog with others if it has been a blessing to you.  Follow me on Twitter, Facebook or here on the blog.  Thank you so much for the support you have already given and I look forward to the new journeys we have still ahead.  My bags are packed and my feet are ready.....are yours?

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment