Monday, January 7, 2013

Cuddles

This morning I was sitting on my bed and just savoring a time of quiet stillness when Kendall came into the room and climbed on the bed.  He moved everything that was next to me so he could just sit right beside me.  As it turned out, all he wanted was to be with his mommy- to sit close to me and cuddle.  I have learned to never turn cuddles down knowing that all too soon the boys will grow and no longer search me out for that special time.

As we sat together, we talked, laughed, tickled and cuddled.  Several times we just sat quietly and he laid his head on my shoulder to just rest with me.  At one point, I did have to correct him - he is a two year old afterall!  It was really a sweet time.  God reminded me that is what He desires to have with me each day....

a time that I come and just sit in stillness with Him.  In the stillness of His strong presence I can hear His voice better.

a time that we talk together.  In that time with Him, I can pour out my heart to Him- struggles, joys, needs, praises and thanksgiving.  Sometimes, that is when I am the most honest with myself in regards to matters of the heart. 

a time of laughing and rejoicing.  God wants us to rejoice in Him and all that He does for us.  Sometimes, I just laugh and rejoice at the wonderful work of His hands in my life.  When I see all that He does to meet and provide for us, how can I help but smile and praise Him?

a time of just resting in Him.  Sometimes, I just need to rest in His strength and presence.   To just feel His peace and trust that all is going to work out for my benefit, growth, and maturity.

a time of correction.  Part of being in His loving presence is that I see my shortcomings more easily and He convicts me in areas that I need change.  This is necessary if I am to continue growing in my faith.  He only corrects those He loves deeply.

As much as Kendall enjoyed our time together, I think it meant so much more to me, as His parent.  I know that soon he may not feel that need as much as he does now.  I think God enjoys our time together more than I could ever appreciate as well.  He knows how weak and feeble I can be in our times together and how much I need Him and that precious time to prepare for the day ahead.  

Father, please stir and grow a desire in me to just be with You- to savor our time together.  Thank you for reminding me of just how much I need that time of just being close to You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment