Thursday, January 17, 2013

Little Treasures

Okay, I confess that today I have been a little slow.... it was more of a challenge to get up and find the energy to face this day.  This is not uncommon for Thursdays as we typically have very full and busy Tuesdays and Wednesdays- but, still, I have had such a time getting motivated to do anything.  When it takes me  awhile to get to the coffeepot and get it brewing, you know it is a rough morning.  As I was praying and listening to praise music, I felt God pricking my heart and reminding me of the blessings in my house this morning.

First, both of my older sons, awoke and completed their morning responsibilities I had poured my first cup of coffee- without me giving them a reminder and on their own accord.

Second, because of their efficiency and discipline in their duties, they have been able to enjoy some rare, morning free time and have been playing well- almost happily- together.

Third, they have each taken moments of helping their youngest brother with needs that he had this morning. 

To be honest, my list could go on and on.... my flexible schedule that gives me extended time to study and praise my Father, the opportunity to homeschool my children, an incredible husband who supports and encourages me, a home that meets our needs and our budget.....

Sometimes, I just need to be reminded that He is in all the small blessings, gifts, treasures of my day... just as He is in the monumental ones.  Yet, another reminder that He is "In the Details" of my life and that even these little moments should be seeds of joy to my heart that sprout and grow praise in my soul.  He gives us so much, but how many times have I not had spiritual eyes to see it?

"I am overwhelmed with joy in the Lord my God!  For he has dressed me with the clothing of salvation and draped me in a robe of righteousness.  I am like a bridegroom in his wedding suit or a bride with her jewels.  The Sovereign Lord will show his justice to the nations of the world.  Everyone will praise him!  His righteousness will be like a garden in early spring, with plants springing up everywhere."  Isaiah 61:10-11  NLT

As I marvel in his little treasures for me today, my prayer is that I will continually see Him through all that must be done in the next hours.... such beautiful reminders they are of the incredible love He has for us.  We can't fully imagine it because it is beyond all human comprehension.  Just savor the fact that His love for His children springs up from the events of our day to remind us that He is always here and always in the details....

No comments:

Post a Comment