Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Love Much

Every night before I go to bed, I go and check on the boys.  I re-cover Kendall who often has moved enough to become uncovered.  I also check Carson who sometimes needs an additional cover or may need to be uncovered as he tends to get hot when he sleeps.   Caleb tends to be okay, but I still look in on him to make sure he has all that he needs.   Every night, I go and check on them making adjustments for them as needed.  Every night.... why? I can't help it.  I can't laid down to rest until I know that they are cared for and prepared for the long night ahead.  Most parents understand that need- the need to make sure that our children have all that they require in order for us to feel comfortable ourselves.

God is like that with us.... He tends to our needs out of His wealth of power, peace and riches.  Even if it requires the life-blood of His very own Son, He stops at nothing to have a relationship with us and meet our needs.  Unlimited resources are at His disposal and He will stop at nothing to watch us grow and mature in our faith and knowledge of Him.  He desires a close, loving and intimate relationship with us and that is why He cares so much for our needs and concerns.  Isn't that why we go to such lengths to care for our children?  We want to see them grow and mature and have a loving, caring relationship with us. 

"We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us.  God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.  By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgement; because as He is, so also are we in this world.  There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love.  We love because He first loved us."  1 John 4:16-19 NASB

Truth is, as much as I want my boys to know that I love them and see all that I do for them- I want them to fall in love with God.  My heart's desire is to reflect the love of the Father and Son into their lives through the enabling of the Holy Spirit within me.  I want them to know that my love truly comes directly from the Father and His gift of life to us.  The more I acknowledge, understand and see the love the Father has for me, the more my love for Him grows.  It is then, when I am best able to share that love with others- my husband, my boys, and others in my life. 

Today, stop and just reflect on the love that He has for you.  In what ways, have you witnessed and experienced His love for you in the past few days?  months?  years?  Reflect on your salvation and the heaven that awaits us and realize the great cost it required.  How can we not feel overwhelmed by that kind of love?  We are much loved .... let us go forth and love much.....

No comments:

Post a Comment