Friday, January 25, 2013

Personal Revelations

I had a couple of personal revelations this morning in regards to a struggle that I have been dealing with and one in regards to homeschooling our oldest son.  Normally, this would end up on Facebook rather than this blog, but I felt that this was too much to share on Facebook.

First, I realized that if God is pruning me in areas of my life, then that removes much of the heartache, grief, anger and resentment associated with that area of pruning.  For example, if you are going through a disappointment or loss, it is very often being used to draw us closer to the Father.  When you can view that loss or disappointment as being pruned by the Father for greater growth and fruit bearing, then the much of the hurt felt by that loss or disappointment dissipates because we begin to see the purpose behind it.  It also frees us from the bondage of unforgiveness that might be associated with an individual involved in that loss.  Today when I had this revelation, I began to feel God's healing in my life- I am being pruned and it is for my ultimate growth and increased fruit bearing.  Thank you Father for helping to see this.  It isn't about the individual or situation as much as it is about my growth.  This makes it easier for me to let go of hurts and unforgiveness.

My second revelation was in regards to homeschooling Caleb.  Each morning had become a battle to begin his schoolwork and I knew much of this was because we often start with Math which is his least favorite subject.  My theory has been that I would prefer to get his hardest subject first so that the rest of the day could go easier.  Today, I realized that sometimes he does better to get a couple of easier subjects done first in order to get him "in the groove" so to speak.  Today, we started with Science and Vocabulary which are far easier for him and this allowed him to ease himself into all the tasks of the day.  I know this sounds simple, but I have been praying for God to give me wisdom in this situation.  I am so thankful that we can go to the Father with ANY concern and He is faithful to bless us with wisdom.

Thanks for reading and letting me share! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment