Monday, August 27, 2012

Glorious Praise

I love praise music to our Father.  There are just times when a song so touches and moves my heart that tears stream down my cheeks in praise of my Father that has given up so much for me- so I could live a life beyond my abilities.   Through Him I could live a life of joy in the midst of hardships, have peace in the midst of troubles, minister beyond my talents, love beyond my limitations, and give beyond my means.  He came, sacrificed and gave of Himself so that all believers could have a relationship with God through His sacrifice.  When I think of all that He has done, I can't help but praise Him!!! 

One of the things I look forward to being a part of in heaven is praising our glorious God, and standing in awe of what that experience will be like as a multitude of redeemed, united in worship, of the one, true God. I just can't fathom how beautiful it will be..... This morning, as most mornings, I listened to praise music while reading my scriptures and I came across the following video and it blessed me so much.


As I wept and wept watching such beautiful praise, I couldn't help but realize it is a mere taste of what is still yet to come- my dear friend, can you imagine what it will be like?  Oh glory!  Moments of such sheer, honest praise give me the strength to tackle the tasks ahead of me as well as help me recognize that there is still much work ahead of us as believers.  So many still need the Father and our world is groaning and dying without a Savior!  We must share our hope, our Savior... how will God use you today?

"Come everyone, and clap your hands for joy!
Shout to God with joyful praise!
For the Lord Most High is awesome.
He is the great King of all the earth.
He subdues the nations before us,
putting our enemies beneath our feet.
He chose the Promised Land as our inheritance,
the proud possession of Jacob's descendants, whom he loves.
God has ascended with a mighty shout.
The Lord has ascended with trumpets blaring.
Sing praise to God, sing praises;
sing praise to our King, sing praises!
For God is the King over all the earth.
Praise him with a psalm!
God reigns about the nations,
sitting on his holy throne,
The rulers of the world have gathered together.
They join us in praising the God of Abraham.
For all the kings of the earth belong to God.
He is highly honored everywhere."  Psalm 47 NLT


No comments:

Post a Comment